Planning for a Phased Reopening
We look forward to a time when the Flag House is able to reopen to staff and visitors. To prepare for such a time, we have developed the first steps of a phased reopening plan. Our highest priority is to ensure the safety of staff, volunteers, and visitors while on site. The Flag House will:
- Integrate a timed ticketing and reservation system that will be available online.
- Have a two-week reopening period of staff onsite to thoroughly clean the facility and put proper personal protective measures and housekeeping schedules in place.
- After the two-week staffed period, visitors will be welcomed back to the Flag House in a limited capacity of no more than ten visitors in the Hofmeister Building and no more than five visitors in the historic house. Please consider visiting with small family groups of two or three.
- All visitors and staff must wear face coverings on Flag House grounds. These spaces include the courtyard, Hofmeister Building, and historic Flag House. Visitors will be asked to disinfect hands upon entering the Hofmeister Building.
- The Maryland House exhibit space and Children’s Discovery Gallery will remain closed to the public indefinitely.
We will continue to update this strategy as CDC, and state-wide guidelines evolve and will make every effort to inform the public of any changes to the above-stated safety measures.
Thank you for helping us keep the Flag House safe.